Sunday, April 4, 2010

wake up call

I nearly imploded from sheer joy and happiness.

And shocked, cause that isn't usually the case. Every year I try to avoid easter. I forget it, I criticize it, I grunt at it. Feeling cynical at another "He has risen indeed" holiday complete with candy and bunnies? what? does anyone have heart revelation about what that all MEANS?
hah, I didn't! this was INCREADIBLE. Jumping up and down in a little mexican church filled with dancing, and tambourines, and ribbins, and some sweet drum beats. Like a party in heaven cause Jesus just frickin OBLITERATED THE POWERS OF HELL!!!
Jesus rising from the dead had never hit me in a profound way. Him choosing to DIE for me...that gets me on the floor crying. But hellooo, that's not the END! not even close!
And I think I'm finally at a place to really gaze into the wonder of Him coming back to LIFE, cause of all the ways he's given me life these past seven months. REAL ABUNDANT LIFE. and it's all for joy he endured suffering as a human, dying, and going to hell. why joy?? cause he KNEW in the end He'd smash the powers of death and return to LIFE. to set US free!
That's joy.
That's nothing to just be talked about, or kinda sung about. That's something profound to be LIVED, and EXPERIENCED and SHARED.
Good news right? oh my goodness.
Thank you Holy Spirit for this revelation. I can't believe I made it to 19 without really understanding the joy of "Jesus Alive". I think I need to wake up with that thought more often. Definitely will get you outta bed.

1 comment:

  1. LAURA I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE!!!
    Hahahaha I can HEAR you saying all this!
    I love reading this AMAZING expressing of expierencing the true love for us that went all the way to hell for us to kick some butt!
    YEAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete