Monday, May 3, 2010

the Practice of Doing Nothing

Woah, wrestling with God again!

After Spiritual Warfare week, we had a morning of deliverance. Cough up those demons! haha, but seriously there is ALWAYS more freedom in Christ. Spirits of shame, lust, and self-condemnation, all damned to hell.
But the key here is WALKING IN FREEDOM.
So as we were taxing back from Wal-mart I felt that self-pity, condemnation tempting me back. But instead I turn to God, "what you teaching me here?"
He told me I'd gone waaay off track with ministering to the beggars. I was running around with my head cut off trying to buy them 'stuff', like a leg brace (which is awesome, don't get me wrong) but I was doing it out of God's direction. Not trusting him, getting upset when I couldn't find anything. And ultimately taking time away from visiting them.
So He told me, "You spending your time WITH them, is MORE valuable than anything you can buy"
Wow. I got Rachael to pray with me, cast out condemnation, and invited the Holy Spirit back. His love is so awesome when you receive it in kid like trust, I just started laughing uncontrollably.

Then, the next day, I visited Patrocinia (a beggar) she let her two daughters come to the YWAM base with me! Finally, after a month! I gave them a short english lesson, then we went to play at the beach, cause they'd NEVER been to the ocean!! I could NOT believe that! They live in Mazatlan!
But it was so amazing. And their Mom's smile when I walked them back downtown. Oooh priceless. So Jesus is moving, and I'm just along for the ride, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment