Monday, June 28, 2010

New Chapter

WISE is over. and I can't believe some people I've been living with for 9 months are now gone.

But the adventure is just beginning. I'm excited for life. God really is all about relationships... when I do things alone, life drags. Not physically alone, there's over 100 people on base at the moment, but alone in spirit.
Jesus told us to be one in him, loving one another deeply. And finally I'm seeing that again, as my brothers and sisters leave in the way we honor and serve each other, and suddenly what's been dull shades for weeks is vibrant again.

you can never love too much.

We visited the kids in the orphanage for the last time... and on the drive home just cried and prayed.
Holding innocent children, trapped in a disabled body, blows my mind. I'm confronted with a deeper reality. One that's more intense than I understand. I want God to take me there... train me bit by bit to enter the dark and twisted places. I know I don't have to search for it. I just keep my eyes on Him... fall deeply in love with Jesus, and let him transform me to his reality. Then he'll bring me what I can handle. More and more to see His Kingdom come.

We leave to Mexico City this wednesday. So I'm off to the roof to practice worship! God will do a miracle if I can learn in one week!!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, the passion in your heart is so beautiful to hear.. I'm so thankful for where God has you. You have so much capability to LOVE and I know that God is using you mightily. PRaise Him!
    Praying~
    Lauren (who loves you and misses you like CRAZY)

    ReplyDelete